George is the founder in 1996 and the managing partner of the Firm, admitted to practice before the Courts of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Greece.
His focus is mainly on shipping law, transportation law, commercial law, company law, labour law, insurance law, administrative law and arbitration. He has established a reputation in litigation and legal counseling in his work. George advises and represents domestic and international clients in relation to charterparty and bills of lading disputes, cargo damage, salvage and general shipping and trading matters. He represents industrial and commercial companies in litigation and negotiations.
George has successfully acted for and advises:
- COSCO GREECE S.A. in commercial, shipping, logistics issues and contracts negotiation and drafting
- a leading company in agricultural and food products operating both in Greece and the Eastern Mediterranean on commercial and corporate issues
- a private railway undertaking operating in Greece, the Balkans and Central Europe
- major Greek and international forwarding companies in Court proceedings and counselling in multimodal & combined transport issues
- negotiating and drafting share and asset purchase agreements & Shareholders’ Agreements
- the Professionals’ Chamber of Thessaloniki
- the Hellenic Association of Forwarding Agents
- the Shipping Agents Association of Thessaloniki
George has participated and spoke in numerous domestic and international conferences and several cases that he has handled are commented in Greek law journals.
George studied law at the Law School of the Democritus University of Thrace (LL.B) and holds an LL.M Degree in maritime law from the University of Southampton – UK. He also holds an Erasmus Diploma in English Law from the University of Essex – UK.
He speaks English fluently and has a fair knowledge of German.